Founded in 1990, the association’s mandate is:
- To promote and assist to develop an image of a responsible and valuable Canadian industry.
- To provide educational, social and collaborative events relative to the glass and metal industry.
- To promote the interests and conserve the rights of those engaged in the manufacture, sale and installation of flat glass, architectural metal and related products.
- To promote co-operation between its members and other groups within related industries
- To gather information related to the industry and to communicate such information to members of the Association and other interested parties